Welcome to the Small Modular Reactor (SMR) Regulators' Forum
To identify, understand and address key regulatory challenges that may emerge in future SMR regulatory discussions. This will help enhance safety, efficiency in licensing, and enable regulators to inform changes, if necessary, to their requirements and regulatory practices.
Share SMR regulatory knowledge and experience among the members and other stakeholders to:
- Facilitate robust and thorough regulatory decisions
- Encourage enhanced nuclear safety.
Identify and resolve common safety issues that may challenge regulatory reviews associated with SMRs.
- Positions statements on regulatory issues;
- Suggestions for revisions to or to new IAEA documents;
- Generate and share information that regulators may use to enhance their regulatory framework;
- Description of the regulatory challenges and discussion on paths forward;
- Suggestions for changes to international codes and standards.