Good  4 3 2 1 0  Poor

Requesting assistance through the IAEA

Assistance in the response to nuclear or radiological incidents and emergencies can be obtained through the IAEA.

Insert image hereParties to the Convention on Assistance in the Case of a Nuclear Accident or Radiological Emergency (Assistance Convention) have undertaken to cooperate amongst themselves and with the IAEA to facilitate the prompt provision of assistance in the case of a nuclear accident or radiological emergency, in order to mitigate its consequences.

The Permanent Mission or the relevant Competent Authority is the Government representative that is expected to request assistance under the terms of the Assistance Convention.

Assistance can be requested by telephone, fax or by completing the Request for Assistance (RFA) form on USIE.

For further information see the EPR-IEComm publications:
; Chinese; English; French; Russian; Spanish



Email us For further information please contact


| Last update: Friday, 17 November, 2017.