Emergency Preparedness and Response Information Management System (EPRIMS)
EPRIMS is an interactive, web-based tool for Member States to share information on their national arrangements for emergency preparedness and response to nuclear or radiological emergencies. EPRIMS was launched during the 59th General Conference.
EPRIMS offers a number of innovative features compared to previous systems used to share information on EPR at the preparedness stage:
- First, it allows multi-user entry of data and provides an online dialogue option fostering a broad involvement of Member States’ EPR professionals in the self-assessment of its national EPR capabilities
- Second, it offers a higher assessment resolution by allowing distinct input for different emergency preparedness categories, reflecting differences in EPR arrangements
- Third, each Member State can decide with which other Member States it would like to share the results of its self-assessment
- And last but not least, the system generates reports to provide an overview by country, sub-region, region, or inter-regionally
In addition to knowledge sharing of EPR capabilities, EPRIMS will also contain a knowledge management database of static nuclear reactor technical information (RTI). At the preparedness stage, Member States will be able to provide technical information regarding their nuclear power reactors, including technical schematics and figures. EPRIMS is linked to the IAEA Power Reactor Information System (PRIS) database to avoid the need for Member States to enter the same information in two systems.
Competent authorities under the emergency conventions are being requested to nominate a national coordinator for the system. These coordinators will have among their functions to:
- Manage national users that may have access to the system (as users or even as new coordinators)
- Coordinate the insertion of data to the system
- Decide what information can be sent to the IAEA
- Decide if this information can be shared with other Member States
For further information please contact