Nuclear Security Information Portal (NUSEC)
The Nuclear Security Information Portal (NUSEC) is an important new resource developed by the IAEA to support nuclear security efforts worldwide. NUSEC is designed to facilitate communication and provide the most up-to-date information on the Agency’s activities related to nuclear security. It is a collaborative, centralized and non-public, password-protected online platform through which Member States and other Agency partners can demonstrate their nuclear security activities, including related publications and contact details. Through NUSEC, national and international stakeholders can contribute and discuss information pertaining to nuclear security. leaflet
Objectives of the NUSEC portal
- Keep the nuclear security community informed about IAEA, multilateral and national nuclear security-related activities
- Provide a collaborative environment for community building
- Provide rapid access to national contact points and related data
- Provide user groups with a secure and centralized web environment for optimum information exchange.
Key features of the NUSEC portal
- Partner pages for Member States and Agency partners
- Events Calendar
- Meeting materials – in advance and post meeting
- Contact Lists
- Document Sharing and Exchange (upload / download)
- What’s New
- Integration with other IAEA data sources
- Discussion Forum(s)
- News Feeds
All IAEA Member States and selected Agency partners are invited to become part of NUSEC. Member States and Agency partners will be asked to appoint a NUSEC Liaison Officer who will coordinate the validation of new account requests, provide information on national or institutional nuclear security activities and interact with the IAEA Division of Nuclear Security on potential enhancements to the portal.
To ensure maximum effectiveness in the exchange of information, the NUSEC Liaison Officer should be familiar with the work of the Office of Nuclear Security.
For further information please contact or visit https://nusec.iaea.org